Monday, September 23, 2013

nights

So from here till sometime the week of October 13th Jeff is on a night flying schedule. This comes at the end of helo training and they learn to fly with night vision goggles. I know, straight out of a movie. So cool. The thing about having everyone you know finish training before you is that you hear all about stuff like night flying and you know what to expect. Kind of. For those following along from Columbus (MS, not OH), it's a little later than the night flying we were used to in T-6s. He won't take off until 10 pm-ish and by the time the flight is over and they are done debriefing it will be about 2 am. So that means Jeff won't get home until sometime around 3 am. We knew that we'd have to turn nocturnal during these weeks and we were kind of looking forward to it. Both Jeff and I are night owls. There's something really relaxing and quiet about midnight that I really enjoy. But what we didn't know was that about 2 weeks before the night flying started we'd both turn into morning people somehow and that transitioning into night weeks would be really difficult. We can't seem to stay up past 1 am! And now I am just looking forward to this night flying to hurry up and be over so that we can get back on a normal schedule. It's barely started and I'm already over it. And, when it's over... he's officially done! As each day and small milestone passes I can't believe it's almost over.

You know what else feels surreal? I'm turning 25 this week. Um, what. No. Surely I'm only 23 right? Right?

2 comments:

  1. alisha...a morning person? is that possible??? and also, i'd like to point out that im very excited that you turn 25 before me so you can tell me what its like to feel old. and when you say surely you're only 23...i was thinking more along the lines of....surely we arent even 18 yet...and look at us now. im one 4 year old in and your married. what....happened....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! A morning person! I think it's because I'm not working so I don't hate the mornings. It is stress free to get up and watch the today show and have a coffee haha. And I know, sometimes I just don't believe where the last 5 years went. It's all a blur.

      Delete

whatcha think?