Sunday, September 8, 2013

two years

Jeff and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary on August 27th. It was a Tuesday and Jeff had a big flight the next day so we didn't even have dinner together that night (don't worry, he still sent me a dozen beautiful roses!). He was studying all night with some of his classmates. So that weekend, which was Labor Day weekend, we went to the beach. Where else?? Jeff actually surprised me and set the whole thing up himself. He booked a hotel in Destin for us and we dropped the dog off at doggie daycare then hit the road. We had a really great time but I took hardly any pictures. So none to show, sorry. :(

One thing I recently realized is that our anniversary will always land a few days before a three day weekend. I'd like to say we planned it that way but we really just picked a random weekend in August and went with it.

On deck in the coming months:
- one more drop night and graduation before ours
- my birthday
- filling out the dream sheet (ranking our preferred bases for where we'd like to go next)(it's really called the dream sheet)
- our drop night!
- Jeff's graduation
- Jeff's birthday
- Jeff goes to survival training
- we take a vacation to celebrate it all being over
- we move!

Somewhere in there after graduation is Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our guess is he will miss one of them while he's gone at training.

Also right around Jeff's birthday we are expecting the arrival of our new nephew! My sister in law's due date is the day before Jeff's birthday so maybe they will just have to share their day :P Lots of exciting things in the coming months!

1 comment:

  1. I just shared our blog on Facebook tonight and am realizing the people I am directing to this page may not know what a drop night is. It is also called assignment night, and it is the night where we learn what helicopter Jeff will be assigned to fly for his career and where our first base will be. It's a big night!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha think?